WAXING VS. SUGARING?
- Wax, both hot and cold, is full of chemicals and harmful for all skin types.
- Sugaring is made up of sugar cane, lemon and water - it is 100% natural and edible!
- Wax is extremely unsanitary, most places that use wax are notorious for cross contamination.
- The wax pots do not get changed as often as they should, and they are burning hot with bacteria ie. other peoples hair follicles, dead skin cells and blood particles sitting at the bottom.
- Bacteria can cause people break out in bumps and irritation.
- Sugaring is applied with gloves and is NEVER double dipped in the same pot.
- Once the paste has been used and finished, it is discarded and a new glove and new paste is started.
- Sugar only ever touches the person being sugared at the time.
- When applied, hot wax creates a sticker effect and adheres to the skin. When it is removed, it takes off layers of healthy skin with it. This can often result in burns, scars, irritation, bumps and tender skin for hours, sometimes days.
- Estheticians who wax use spatulas can never properly gage the temperature of the wax before it goes on the skin.
- Waxing is smoothed on with the hair growth and seal down (hot sticker effect) and ripped in the opposite direction. You are going against the grain, and just cutting it off the top. Wax can only remove about 80/85% of hair - the rest gets broken off into the skin leaving nasty red inflamed ingrown hairs.
- Sugar paste is rolled on in the opposite direction of the hair growth and flicked off in the same direction as the hair growth. Similar to how women are taught to tweezer their eye brows - going with the hair. The hair comes back much thinner, finer, softer, with significantly less ingrown hairs.
Sweet Mango takes the waxing out of waxing, and the problems that come with it. Our product is 100% natural, clean and does not cause many of the issues that are associated with waxing. Come get Sweet and Stay Beautiful...... Naturally!
HOW LONG DOES THE HAIR NEED TO BE?
The hair should ideally be ¼ inch in length. Think of a grain of rice or sharpened pencil lead, and longer for best results.
WHAT STEPS SHOULD I TAKE BEFORE VISITING SWEET MANGO?
Please avoid using any facial/body creams, oils or deodorant 24 hours before treatment as it will leave a residue on the skin clog the pores and make it much more difficult for hair removal. For women, be sure to book your appointment after your menstrual cycle to avoid increased sensitivity. Avoid direct contact with heat, such as tanning, or excess sweating before appointment. As well as exfoliating 24 hours prior to treatment.?
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR THE HAIR TO GROW BACK?
In most cases we suggest 4 to 6 weeks for total regrowth. It is best to wait and have as much growth back before your next session, you are able to sugar sooner but you risk switching up the hair cycles and constantly playing catch up. Every area of the body, skin type and hair type is different so keep that in mind and be sure to ask at your visit.
WHAT STEPS SHOULD I FOLLOW AFTER MY APPOINTMENT?
Please avoid direct contact with heat such as tanning, hot showers/baths and steam rooms as well as exfoliating 24 hours after to treatment. Avoid harsh soaps, moisturizers, oils, perfumes and deodorants for 24 hours after receiving treatment. Refrain from vigorous activities causing excess perspiration, as it may result in irritation. It is recommended you exfoliate a few days following your visit and continue 2-3 times a week to remove dead skin cells and avoid ingrowns. A number of tools and products can be used however we suggest exfoliating gloves or body brush in the shower work best.
CAN I SUGAR WHILE PREGNANT?
Yes! Unlike sugar, waxing is actually prohibited by most physicians. Your body is going through mega changes and you might be more sensitive than usual. Because of waxing hot, chemical based properties it can be quite harsh on the skin and even lead to tears (for a Brazilian) which can then lead to infection. Check with your doc just in case :)
CAN I SUGAR WHILE ON MY PERIOD?
Absolutely! As long as you’re comfortable, we’re comfortable. Just be sure to wear a fresh tampon, take an Advil and it’ll be over faster than you can say Sugar! (Period)
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
At Sweet Mango we understand life gets busy and things come up. We ask you provide at least 24hr cancellation notice (or the night before any appointment for the following day). Any missed appointment or last minute cancellation will result in a fee of 20% of the appointment price. The second time, a 50% fee will be applied. The third, you will be asked to prepay before your appointment moving forward.
If you need to cancel please call or text (647)-880-9566.